VP of Government Affairs & Policy
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a VP Government Affairs & Policy, leading and growing this team.
What you bring
- Experience leading in house Public Policy and Government Affairs functions globally
- Extensive experience in government affairs, with a focus on the tech industry
- Experience dealing with multiple context teams
- Experience with multi-national corporate setups
- Strategic thought leader and demonstrates clear communications internally and externally with diverse stakeholders
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Define, develop and own the strategy and execution of Government Affairs and Policy at Remote across the globe
- Collaborate with executive leadership to align the Government Affairs and Policy team strategy with the overall business strategy
- Engage with the leadership team to ensure we are being proactive in seeing around legislative corners
- Lead and drive engagement, relationship and communication efforts with key government stakeholders at the federal and local levels
- Direct and manage relationships with external consultants and legal advisors
- Oversee and lead timely analysis of existing and proposed legislation to assess potential impact on Remote business and strategy
- Lean into intensity, efficiency, automation and integration for every project and strategic initiative you drive
- Own and manage Government Affairs and Policy department budget
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard of quality
- You'll report to: Marcelo Lebre
- Team: New team
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $195,200 USD to $329,400 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.