Corporate Secretarial Manager
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as Corporate Secretarial/Risk Manager, joining our Legal Team!
We are looking for a talented and eager professional to play a pivotal role in shaping and overseeing Remote’s governance and oversight framework.
We are looking for someone with a company secretarial background who can help to oversee the activities undertaken by our International Operations team and other teams across Remote that are responsible for obligations at a legal entity level (e.g. Tax).
You will help to develop and oversee risk horizon scanning, policies, controls, reporting and ensure best practice in terms of how we manage risk as it relates to our suite of global entities.
You’ll get the chance to be exposed to work and activities at Remote’s board and investor level
Depending on experience, you’ll also contribute to the establishment of our enterprise risk management framework.
What this job can offer you
- Be part of the establishment of a new sub-team with in Legal that is responsible for the oversight of risks at Remote.
- Opportunities for career advancement and continuous learning in the dynamic field of international corporate governance.
- Play a key role in shaping and implementing governance strategies aligned with the organization's overarching goals.
- Work with a diverse and talented team, fostering collaboration and innovation.
- Engage with entities worldwide, gaining exposure to international corporate practices and regulations.
What you bring
- 3+ years practicing experience in entity management, corporate governance, including leadership or supervision of a global or regional footprint.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus professional certifications in Corporate Governance/ Secretarial matters.
- Experience in a senior role overseeing corporate governance
- Experience in enterprise risk management a bonus
- In-depth knowledge of international corporate laws and regulations, legal entity structures, stakeholder management and government regulations.
- Experience working in diverse teams.
- Policy development, corporate governance advisory, and implementation experience.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to collaborate heavily with other departments.
- Effective drafting skills, with the ability to draft clear minutes, agendas, and other related documentation such as board slides.
- Ability to balance high-level governance tasks with operational efficiency.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and compliance while being adaptable and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Writes and speaks fluent English, additional languages are a plus
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Develop and implement strategies for corporate governance in alignment with broader Remote governance policies.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight relating to various activities undertaken in operational teams such as Annual General Meetings, regulatory inspections, board meeting calendars, directors’ training, D&O coverage, works council activities, licence renewals and applications, accounts filings, ESG reporting, Physical Mail Routing, Beneficial Owner Filings, Signatory Policies, Power of Attorneys, and other high-level governance tasks.
- Ensure entities' compliance with corporate laws and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with the International Operations team to define and enforce policies and procedures that balance corporate governance with day-to-day operational efficiency.
- Collaborate on entity improvement projects, ensuring alignment with overall corporate strategies.
- Help on matters at the Remote board level.
- Contribute to corporate reorganisation requests, including complex projects such as debt-equity conversions, business model conversions, and other strategic initiatives.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure transparent and effective communication regarding corporate governance matters.
- You'll report to: VP General Counsel
- Team: Legal
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply!
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $41,750 USD - $140,950 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
Roughly  hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.