Senior Content Designer
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
It’s an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Content Designer on our Design team.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people can easily use. As a Senior Content Designer, you will work with product designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, legal partners, and marketers to design clear, usable experiences for Remote’s global HR platform.
This is not a marketing role. Content designers at Remote work in product design and UX.
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX content designer, UX writer, or UX content strategist on a product design team. It’s a plus if you’ve worked in a high-growth tech startup.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to simplify complexity, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and craft content that helps users get stuff done.
- Experience with improving information architecture for complex software products.
- Ability to influence stakeholders across disciplines and leverage data to impact product roadmaps and strategy.
- Ability to write everything the user experience requires, including navigation items, button labels, tooltips, headlines, intro copy, error messages.
- Ability to create measurable impact under minimal supervision.
- You care deeply about accessibility, diversity, and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It's a plus if you have experience working remotely, especially in human resources technology or related fields like FinTech.
- Content Designers at Remote have editing access to the company’s codebase and are empowered to proactively make content improvements in the code. If you’ve never done that before, that’s okay! We have a bunch of resources to help you out. All you need is a willingness to learn.
- Partner with design, product, engineering, and research to solve user problems and design delightful experiences.
- Shape user flows, interactions, messaging, and microcopy within product interfaces.
- Work with other content designers to define a cohesive voice, terminology, and narrative that scales across product verticals.
- Increase the level of team maturity. You will drive yourself and your peers to deliver excellent work while always striving to improve the ways we work.
- Lead content audits to identify opportunities and drive consistency across the product.
- Contribute to and lead research projects aimed at uncovering our users’ needs and the problems we need to solve to meet those needs.
- Contribute to technical documentation for our ecosystem products.
- You'll report to: Director of Product Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a team manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.