Manager, Lifecycle: Offboarding
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Identify and provide guidance, coaching, and development opportunities to direct reports as role models and inspirational leaders.
- Cultivate a positive and caring team culture across international borders in a remote and async environment, where team members are encouraged to achieve and aspire for excellence and innovation.
- Take full ownership of the recruitment, training, skills enhancement, mentoring, and supervision of the regional team, demonstrating unwavering commitment to fostering their professional growth.
- Support and guide individual performance management and hold team members accountable for their bi-annual performance evaluations, aligning individual and collective performance to consistently achieve business objectives within a high-performance organizational culture.
- Foster proactive and efficient collaboration across multiple domains, including but not limited to Operations, Product, Engineering, and Customer Success, and with Lifecycle team internal stakeholders to effectively execute and enhance existing integrations, processes, workflows, iteration and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in alignment with Remote’s business objectives.
- Evaluate operational capabilities and provide strategic recommendations for enhancing systems and associated processes based on HR best practices and contemporary requirements in a fast-paced tech climate.
- Identify and diagnose pressing business challenges within the domain and, uncover insights to enhance decision-making and align organizational short and long-term strategy to business needs/decisions.
- Oversee the efficient, compliant and customer-service-based execution of offboarding services, with a strong focus on daily adherence to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Handle and resolve escalated issues, conducting comprehensive post-incident analyses with meticulous attention to detail, and employing analytical insights to identify and operationalize areas for improvement that facilitate both individual and business growth and advancement.
What you bring
- A minimum of 7+ years progressive experience in Human Resources, Operations and/or Employee Relations roles with a minimum of 3 years experience as a People Manager.
- Preferred qualifications include tertiary degrees in HR, labour relations, or employment law; A strong requirement for this role is advanced expertise encompassing various HR aspects, such as business partnering, employee relations, performance management, and a thorough understanding of local employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of global HR practices, employment laws, and regulations working across multiple countries, with significant exposure to complex involuntary employee exits.
- Proven success in leadership awareness, team engagement, and goal delivery through effective communication, influencing, and relationship-building skills across a culturally diverse and distributed team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that transcend potential cultural and language barriers, with strong emotional intelligence, and the ability to build trust and rapport, and influence senior leaders, members of management, clients and employees at all levels within the company.
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Consistently exhibits high levels of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality by adhering to Remote’s core values: Care, Innovation, Intensity, Transparency and Excellence.
- An agile, resilient and customer-centred approach to working in a dynamic, ever-changing organizational environment, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and motivation.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms and experience of leading a culturally diverse team.
- Exposure to working in a start-up environment is highly desirable; enjoys and understands the need to work largely asynchronously.
- Proven experience in anticipating, identifying, understanding and analyzing complex business and culture issues, with the ability to manage these to complete resolution, and translate them into critical business strategies and initiatives
- You'll report to: Senior Manager, Lifecycle Offboarding
- Team: Lifecycle Operations
- Location: +5 and -3 UTC
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $39,200 USD to $132,300 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- (async) Written challenge
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Team Interview
- Executive Interview
- Prior employment verification check
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org