Application Security Engineer
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an Application Security Engineer, joining our Security team. Remote develops, manages and operates its own Software, employing an engineering department of 200+ people. This position provides a great opportunity to directly impact Remote’s Software Development Life-cycle by introducing changes that bolster the security of Remote’s applications and infrastructure.
What this job can offer you
- Develop, implement, maintain and document SSDLC procedures and controls
- Implement and maintain security tooling used in CI/CD pipelines
- Conduct internal security testing on Remote’s products to find potential issues
- Vulnerability management (internal and external findings)
- Participate in product development, representing security requirements, including initial code implementation
- Perform secure code reviews
- Kubernetes and Container Security
What you bring
- Previous experience experience in Application Security or a related field
- Adept in software security – understanding of security concepts, vulnerabilities, mitigations, and coding practices
- Designing or implementing secure applications as part of a wider team
- Significant professional experience in at least one of the domains - secure development and code review, security research and web application penetration testing
- Experience in securing cloud environments(AWS)
- Experience with threat modeling
- Ability to automate and implement common security tasks
- Ability to pickup new technologies independently
- You'll report to: Director of Security
- Team: Security
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- Interview with team members
- Prior employment verification check
- (async) Offer
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.